Friday, February 4, 2011

Meatballs

A friend recently introduced me to "Anything Goes Meatballs". Since I always occasionally have at least 1 picky eater at the table this seemed like a great way to please every palate! I started off with ground beef, an egg to bind and seasoned with salt and pepper. Then each member of the family choose an ingredient to add to the mix. Because of our wide variety I separated it into 2 batches-

Finn- Cheese (shredded cheddar)
Colin - Cheez It's
Sean- Pepperoni
Cherie- Kale
Brendan - Peanut putter filled pretzels
Aaron- Cinnamon Corn Flakes
Cherie- carrots

Yes, I had 2, but someone had to be the voice of reason! Just in case this was a total disaster I put out ketchup, BBQ sauce and buffalo sauce to mask the taste if all went wrong! Of course Colin was still a bit picky, but we'll try this one again! And next time he says he's adding syrup.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Great idea to get everyone involved!

scubamom said...

Creative!