Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finn's BFF

Finnian is a very social toddler. I did not say friendly, because he is downright aggressive and very selfish. But he does have one friend that he loves to death and talks about daily. His BFF Charlie. They spend about 12 hours a week together, though they sleep 6 of those. Charlie's mom and I swap these little guys together so we can work in our older kids classrooms. Finn also gets to spend time with his buddy at church. The main reason this young friendship works is that Finn is demanding and Charlie is passive so play goes like this:
Finn: "Mine!"
Charlie: mute as he hands Finn the toy
And that's how it goes. Yes, Charlie is older than Finn, I think by about 6 months. Charlie is also the youngest of 4 kids (and his mom is due in a month with a 5th!) but he turned out the complete opposite personality of Finn and I guess it works for both of them, because yesterday Charlie's mom told me he was asking for Finn too.


The polar opposite of Finn's social chatterbox status is Colin. This picture about sum's him up.




No comments: