Worst mom of the year is....Cherie! Yep, I've done it again. Crushed the dreams of a 9 year old boy. Just as you'd expect from Sean he came up with the idea of digging out a shelter of some kind in our backyard. He drew up plans and though I am still not sure what his intentions for the shelter were, I know he needed a computer and "supplies".
After school I gave him the exciting news that he could take on the project and showed him the shovels. Apparently I wasn't the most encouraging of his efforts because he told me "I don't care how much you mock me, I'm not giving up!".
After school I gave him the exciting news that he could take on the project and showed him the shovels. Apparently I wasn't the most encouraging of his efforts because he told me "I don't care how much you mock me, I'm not giving up!".
I sulked away and left him to digging. It took about an hour before he stopped. He got about 6 inches down and a few feet across. Did he quit because he is a quitter? No, he quit because the blisters on his hand were bleeding.
I wish I had his determination.
I wish I had his determination.

2 comments:
Tell Sean he needs to hire my gophers. They never give up and they build strong tunnels.
Papa John
This is good for him. now he won't want to grow up to be a ditch digger.
Post a Comment