Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mommy Guilt


You know that mom guilt where you try to bribe your kids to make up for time you don't have for them? Have you ever done that for another kid?

Preston's mom (Colin's BFF) called me to set a date for her son's birthday party. Even if no one else could come she wanted to make sure that Colin could. I looked at the calender and all was set. But I didn't write it down. Fast forward 2 months and the invitation comes home. Shoot. The calender is so full I need a body double to even help me get through the day. I dreaded calling the mom and letting her and the kid down. So I did the only thing I knew to do. We took the kid out to ice cream. With a candy topping. And a gift. And a play date.

1 comment:

scubamom said...

I am sure he loved it!