Until recently my kids thought the "S" word was Stupid. I was fine with letting them think that. But thanks to a foul mouthed 3rd grader our vocabulary has broadened. It was brought to our attention that instead of hearing the new word on the playground and zipping his mouth one of our twins* chose to spread it to many other students resulting in his writing "I will not say swear words" 200 times.
You would have assumed that would have stopped the problem. However while correcting his brothers math homework in class he graffiti ed all over 3 pages of it-
"Coo! Coo!"
"Little butt!" (twice)
"Hi Hot dog!"
"Hi fart monster"
and a lovely picture of a buck toothed-glasses wearing-stick man with word bubbles all around saying things like "so pretty!"
When he was punished at home he stormed off to his room and told his brother I was a
"butt". At some point tonight I will pull him out of time out.
*name not mentioned for reasons for privacy

1 comment:
Oh the joys of boys!
Post a Comment