Wednesday, February 13, 2008

30 Miles

30 miles. That's how far my adventure took the boys and I tonight. Not too far for an adventure you might think. But really all I wanted to do was find a McDonalds. So instead of turning left when I left the community, I turned right. It took us past 4 Jack in the Box's, 3 Carl's Jr's, the future site of a Super Target and a local community college and much, much more. It was then I decided to hop on the freeway and head to a McD's I know about. And when we got home and I saw how far I'd driven for 4 Happy Meals I felt a little silly for not turning left to begin with.

But if I had turned left I would have missed out on the most peaceful conversations I have had with my kids today. It is truely amazing the things your kids will tell you when you do not have the TV on in the car, or the radio to drown out their noise. Here are a few:

*Colin would like a "Mad Meal" for dinner, because he "likes to be mad".
*Brendan apparently is the "coach" for both the boys and girls soccer teams at school. He named the boys team the Dolphins and the girls the Hearts. When I asked him what he does as the coach he said "mostly I play soccer".
*"A group of girls came on the feild today during the game. They want to be cheerleaders for the soccer games. I told them they can only cheer for the boys team so they made up a few cheers and then they got bored and left.".
*Someone in another 1st grade class brought in a store bought Valentine box GASP!!! Which is a big no no.
*Someone got on yellow today (that's not good either).
*Finn yelled "Big truck!!!" more than 3 dozen times.
*Some boy named Wyatt in their class has Sean as a middle name, and guess what mom "they even spell it right!"

2 comments:

Amber said...

I want a mad meal too! lol

itsjustme said...

Someone's hand was guiding you when you turned the wrong way...Someone who knew you were going to have an amazing conversation with your kids!