
We have 2 fish. The orange one is Finn's. He calls him "shishi". Which sounds a lot like sushi, so I think it's hilarious. There is also a black fish to the left of 'the head' that is Brendan's. He named him "Big Eyed Fishy". Yes, the fish has big buldging eyes. The reason there are only fish for two kids is that we lost 8 fish before these 2 fought to maintain life in my appraently hostile home. These two seem to get along. And in a short amount of time the tiny orange fish we brought home from Wal-Mart grew considerably. The black one grew too. But he also took on a new trait last month. He became lazy. The first few times I saw him laying on the bottom of the tank I thought he was sick. After about 4 days I warned the kids that another fish death was immineant. But wait! Did you see that?! Food was sprinkled into the tank and suddenly Big Eyed was swimming like he was practicing for the olympics! This has continued for several weeks now with the same pattern. All day 'ol Big will lay at the bottom of the tank. Slowly waving his fin's just enough to make sure I don't scoop him from the tank and into the toilet and then as soon as that bright orange container of fish food comes out he zaps back to life and swims the tank, until the food is gone. And then the pattern repeats the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment