Do you remember a few weeks ago I posted the photo of that girl staring dreamily at my 2nd born? Yeah, that one with the smile. She is also the one who has been following him around since February on and off the baseball field. In her defense she is a total tomboy and well, he's a really cool boy. All sensitive and stuff. I figured once baseball season ended and school finished up he'd forget about her and best yet, she'd forget about him. But that is going to be hard to do this summer since she lives a 2 minute walk down the street, has a heated pool and 2 brothers that also play with our family. While I was gone yesterday celebrating my younger guys birthday {photo's and commentary coming soon} Zoe and her brother Ethan came by and invited Sean and Brendan to swim. So they swam and then both kids ended up at our house for pizza and playing the Wii. At some point Aaron found Zoe and Brendan alone. In his room. With the door CLOSED. Aaron quickly opened the door and Brendan blurted out "The door was closed because we were playing handball.". Yeah, sounds like a solid defense. But he also had his impressive collection of shells and rocks... er scratch that, minerals out to woo her with.
Still wanting to be the main girl in Brendan's life I tried to up the fun factor today by throwing an impromptu family pool party/BBQ. {Yeah for Nana and Papa living so close!} But it totally didn't work. Brendan didn't want to go. His reason "Zoe might come by."
6 comments:
I thought girls had cooties in the second grade?
Well... she might come by! Gee I always thought nana and papa would be popular at least until they were 10! But what do I know. By the way we had a great time and enjoyed the swim and BBQ THANK YOU!
I remember a little girl that was after some mothers little boy when she lived in Fresno.
Personally I go for older women. Like John.
LOL Yeah, I was probably chasing boys at 8 too! What goes around comes around.
I can't even imagine! I'd better keep a close eye on Emily in just a few years, sheesh!
Post a Comment