Monday, September 28, 2009

Chocolate Covered Bacon


(Thank you Google for the image, I was too busy eating to take a photo!)
If you spent any time around me or on Facebook during the time I went to the OC Fair this year you know I discovered Chocolate Covered Bacon. And it was so good that I have not stopped thinking about it ever since. I could not wait until next summer for another taste so I made my own last night!

Here are some tips:
*Cook good quality bacon in the oven on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet
(400 degrees about 20 minutes)
*Let cool completely
*Cut strips in half
*Melt chocolate (I used semi sweet chips)
*Dip
*Immediately sprinkle with coarse salt (this helps with that salty/sweet thing we are going for!)
*Let harden in fridge
*Enjoy!


4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm drooling......

Robin said...

Oh my gosh . . . I didn't know bacon could GET better. I'm going to have to try it.

scubamom said...

WOW! I can just taste it sitting here!

Amber said...

This is going to be happening at Christmas, right?