After months of creative woodworking taking place in our garage and painting at the kitchen counter we experienced our first Pinewood Derby last night! I am so glad Aaron has been able to be home for this event to guide the boys along. I had no idea it was not just about painting a block of wood. There are weights, axles, lube, graphite and apparently being over 5 ounces is not an option.
No one in our family took 1st place, but the ideas are already flowing for next year!

2 comments:
I think the boys really had fun and it is awesome Aaron was able to spend the time with them working on this!They were both so proud of their cars! And I must say they were pretty cool!
now for the ideas for next year. It is really an art to make a winning car. But remember it is all about fun and the good time together. We always worked on design because we were never fast enough to win. See what fun you get to have been a mother of just boys
Post a Comment