Thursday, June 12, 2008

Is it August yet?

Today is the first day of summer vacation and I am already threatening to send these little punks off to Utah for the summer, alone, without me. Hitch hiking because I can't afford the $4.59 a gallon for gas. If it has been awhile since you have seen my rotten children here's some things to look for. Mud, lots of mud. Because Sean decided that I am the meanest mom ever and took it upon himself to bring everyone out back, to our lovely dirt yard and fill up water balloons without my knowledge. Of course he needed to bring said mud through the house, on the tile, on the wood and up the carpeted stairs on his socks to ask me to tie a water balloon (that's when I found out all 4, now soaking wet, kids were out back). This time out back will probably leave them all pink from the sun, look for that too.
You'll also be looking for wads of gum. Because yesterday when I took a much needed 30 minute nap they all suddenly had the urge to chew and chew and chew through 4 packs of gum. Of course when they were done with the gum they all put it in the trash right where it goes...right??? wrong. We are still finding pieces, presumably Finn's. Because Brendan spit his wads out into the trash onto a backpack that he now thinks is no longer trash and I am washing right now.
The last thing to look for is chocolate covered faces. During my MUCH needed nap Sean and Brendan decided to be helpful and get everyone a snack, you know, so I wouldn't get woken up and be angry. Can you blame them for reaching for the chocolate? No, of course not. But do I blame them for handing the Costco size bag of chocolate chips over to Finn? Yes, yes I do.



Look for illness too. Because these little punks gave me the nastiest summer cold. They are of course still not over it so listen for snorting up buggers and a hacking cough.
Nana Sherri, if they make it to Utah safely please do not return them until they are clean, fed and healthy. I will be forever gratefull for the summer of peace.

3 comments:

Amber said...

You gotta admit, a hatfull of chocolate chips does sound like a good snack!

scubamom said...

I know a wise mom that once said with "4 boys if you are not watching them every minute you can't complain cause you get what you get!"

nana_sherri said...

You need a dog! If they were here I would lock them in the back yard with Lily & let her "clean" them up.