Saturday, June 14, 2008

McManus briefing

Note to self; stop taking Ortega with the kids in the car. At least one of them will barf EVERY time!!! At least this time I was prepared (ya know, cause they do it EVERY time) and they each had their own barf bags.
Now that that un-nicety is over here's the latest from our hot corner of the world. Friday I spent more time being the meanest mom ever to Sean by refusing to take him fishing. Instead he was forced to go to McD's and the beach club for the entire day. Poor thing, he really does have it bad...







Friday night was a end of the year party for Colin's school. It was a nice treat to be somewhere that was about Colin. It seems Colin and Finn get drug to baseball and school events often but we never get to just show support for the little guys.







They also celebrated Father's Day with gifts and a few songs. I did not include any of the songs in the blog because all you would see is Colin looking blankly at the teacher while everyone else is singing.

This is a fun shot because it shows what a rotten parent I really am! Locked at all four of those little mud-making punks outside in the heat while I relaxed with a cold drink in the house...muah, ha ha.... No, actually I was getting them all another round of Otter Pop's, otherwise known by Finn as "Water-pops".


The real story of the day is that I should be feeling really refreshed and excited to be home again, because I had a 9 hour haircut today!!! Yeah me! I left the house at 8:30 to make it over 'the hill' for a 10am appointment. I got halfway over when I stopped at the construction. This is normal. What was not normal was waiting there for 90 minutes while a motorcycle accident was cleaned up and the injured helicoptered off the hill. This made me have to be rescheduled. Since I was already halfway I decided to kill time in OC and wait, and wait, and wait. I killed four hours. How you ask? I wondered the mall, ate lunch alone, got the car washed, browsed the library, had some gelato and read a lot of magazines. Then my haircut took over an hour and a half (I had a lot of hair!) and that was followed by the long drive back home. Poor Aaron. What a supportive trooper he is. I love that I don't have to worry about how he is handling the kids. He took them to In-N-Out and the park, sounds like a great day to me!

As we were putting the boys to bed I did the becoming normal loose tooth check. With 7 year old twins there is always a loose tooth! With one gentle tug Sean's fell out for me! And the tooth in the top right of the picture is super loose too!

Here is a video worth sharing for the preschool party. The teacher called out each kid one at a time to hand them a certificate. The kids in front of Colin all walked out, straight to Mrs. P and lined up on the wall behind her. Colin heard his name and came jumping out yelling something that sounded like "that's me!".

So that is our weekend so far. Never a dull moment around here! And we still have Father's Day to go!

4 comments:

scubamom said...

Well Friday sounds fun to me! I am so glyou made it to Colin's graduation. He looked so happy!

Amber said...

That beach place looks like so much fun! Where is that? I want a day there!
Your kids are too cute at the back window. And Colin is super funny running up like that.
Your hair is totally cute! Really fun and stylish, good choice.

4handfulls said...

We were at the beach club in Rancho Santa Margarita, near our old house.

Loving the hair! Just wish I had someone to blow it out for me everyday!

nana_sherri said...

Colin looked so happy to get his certificate. LOVE AARON'S TIE! Really like your new hair too.