Monday, June 30, 2008

Last week in pictures


Like I said, I have been so ill! Starting to feel better, but taking care of 4 boys is draining on a good day! Last week started off well with a trip to the Discovery Science Center with Nana W. There was a special event going on- Grossology! The older boys could have spent all day there, but the younger 1 in particular needed a nap- badly!



Sean on a bed of nails

Sean pulling himself up






Finn in a toy that was part of a Bob the builder section for toddlers



Learning about animal poop!






In a wind machine






Colin coming out of some sort of worm tunnel



Sean and Brendan were playing a game of volleyball. They watched a screen that showed the ball and it reacted to their movements.



The wall behind them holds all these large magnets to connect together to build ramps you roll balls through









Tuesday was so hot that our ward playgroup met at an indoor bounce house place called Sky High. Once Finn figured out how to climb the large slide he went by himself over and over holding up the line for the older kids. Colin preferred the obstacle course and Sean and Brendan did a little bit of everything.







Wednesday we had a tour with Waste Management with a group from my twins club. The tour was of a recycling sorting center and it brought back so many memories of Sean and Brendan's past obsession with trash trucks! These first two pictures are from Halloween 4 years ago when Aaron built them the most awesome trash truck costume ever!!!







Colin and Finn were supposed to wear the hats and vests too, but a nice public tantrum got them out of it. I don't want to hear about how I should have made him put on the vest. I know that, but what was I supposed to do with the older kids? Yes, this came up Thursday during PCIT.








I took the boys to Aaron's office after the tour and went to a board meeting. On the way home I started feeling a little yucky, but was hoping it was from the late night, and busy week we were having.
So like I said, Thursday was PCIT and I did my visiting teaching. By Thursday night I knew something bad was hitting me and gave the kids cereal for dinner, took some Advil PM and crashed. Friday I could not move. Thank goodness the boys were having a good morning and they basically took care of themselves while I slept for hours and hours. My mom called to see how my day was (she did not know I had started feeling ill) and thank goodness for her! She dropped whatever plans she had that afternoon and came over to take care of the boys and me without my asking. I am so grateful for her and the love she constantly shows our family. I can never say thank you enough. I don't know what time she left Friday but it was after Aaron got home and she made my guys a fried chicken dinner.


Did I mention she bought me See's?! Some mom's bring soup when you're sick, mine brings chocolate!


I'm not really sure what happened Saturday because I slept most of it too. I do remember making a plea for In-N-Out Saturday, ya know, because it's just what you do on a Saturday. Aaron was so good making sure I got plenty of rest this weekend and took the older three to church Sunday while Finn and I napped. It seemed easier to go to my parents like normal for Sunday dinner and be sick on their couch than to be sick at home (plus I was tired of looking around my room). This morning Sean said he just wanted to go swimming and "just go somewhere!" so I crashed my mom's again. I am feeling somewhat better. I don't know if this was the flu, but it is surely a nasty bug whatever it is.




OK, that was long. But one more thing. Finn is such a little talker, and a lot of it is not really what you expect to come out of a 2 year old mouth. His newest phrase is "you don't be a whiner!".





2 comments:

scubamom said...

Busy week sick or not! thanx for the sweet compliments! Finn has good advice to not be a whinner but sometimes whinning just makes ya feel better!

Amber said...

Looks like you had a fun week, even if you didn't feel good for some of it. That discovery place looks like a blast! See's sounds delicious right now. I went a little overboard on my eating when we were camping so I'm making up for it this week be being really good. Although I have a few candy bars in the fridge waiting for me to be bad again! I like Finn's phrase, that's too cute!