Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm an idiot, and a bad mom

I knew today was a crazy busy day (as most are) but instead of trying to recover from the nasty sick bug I have yesterday I went to Disneyland instead for most of the day and too late into the night. I was miserable by the 2nd half, but I just couldn't make myself leave! Because you never know- that may have been the last time I will ever get to spend the day in the park with my grandpa and grandma and aunt and cousin and mom and my littlest (also ill) son. So instead of feeling better by the 4th day of my cold I feel worse than before and instead of going to a baseball game, working the snack bar, and running kids to cub scouts I am thanking heavenly father for the most amazing husband who can do it for me. Isn't that what marriage is about? Helping each other out when you're down? Aaron is really great at that.

But I do still feel horrendous quilt that I will not be dragging my 4 rug rats to the school for the one and only Open House of the year. But Aaron will be flipping burgers in the snack bar and fillin' orders for icees and he can't do it all either.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh sister, it's okay. The kids won't remember and hey life happens. Maybe not the way we want, but it happens anyway!! Stay down tonight because we have Bunco tomorrow! :)

Mrs. X said...

I agree with your friend Erin there! Just get yourself better and you'll be back in the craziness in no time! Good thing I have a brother that rocks and is there to fill in for you, yay for fabulous partners in life!!

scubamom said...

Take care of yourself! life happens whether we are ready for it or not! Yes you do have a good hubby who is an active part of his boys lives and pitches in when needed!

Monika said...

Aww.he's great
Hope u get better soon

Margene said...

that doesn't make you bad. only about 50 percent of parents even show up at all. Are they all bad no. In fact all that I have seen is you are an excellent mom

Anonymous said...

They will remember trips to Disneyland far more than Mom working the burger stand.