
I have been wanting to sign up for a marathon for some time, but I always come up with some great excuse. Mainly I worry too much and don't want to do it alone. So when an opportunity came to my attention yesterday where a group of friends from my MOM's club had already signed up I decided to quit talking about it and just do it! So I signed up. Now this is no ordinary 10k. The is the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. So I registered, paid my entry fee and became giddy....and then I started looking at it more. Holy schmolly! This is no run through a park! Listen to this from the info site
"This is the World Famous Mud Run! The Mud Run is a challenging 10K run with hills, tire obstacles, river crossings, two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides, tunnel crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final 30-foot mud pit." And they forgot to mention, it is all done in the mud.
So I must start to train, immediately. So I started with walking this morning. Just with Finn, in a regular stroller and walked the hilly neighborhood I live in. I know it doesn't seem like much of a start, but you have to start somewhere...right???

No comments:
Post a Comment