
Confession: I am not as coordinated as I like to think I am.
Since I began my relationship with LA Fitness several weeks ago I have tried running on the treadmill, the elliptical, and several weight machines. Nothing too scary. All things I have done before. And I can clip on my iPod and run to my own rhythm. And let me tell you, I've got the beat! I keep pace with the music and I feel good!
Then I moved onto Step Aerobics. After my first class my excuse was that I was new to it, it's not just stepping on and off like you do on Wii Fit. Plus the instructor had a crazy strong accent combined with a bad mic and music straight out of a Latin dance club. I know I burned the calories that night, but I left feeling my age. You know, my last year in my 20's. Sigh. So I tried another instructor with whom I immediately felt a stronger connection to. Her music was more my pace. Like what I belt out in the car pretending that I am much younger and hipper than I am. But still, I found myself completely confused by some of the moves. But I gave myself a break, how was I supposed to know what doing a "rocking horse" meant?!
So here is my confession. I like water aerobics. I mean I really like it. No one can see how my body is moving underwater. And since I am one of the youngest in the class, I feel pretty hot in there in my mommy tankini too. I am not giving up on other classes, but I won't be dropping "Aqua Fit" anytime soon.


3 comments:
I have felt the same way in step classes before! And I'm with you on water aerobics. That was one of the best classes I took in college!
I needed a good laugh today! Do you remember going to a step class on Oki on Camp Butler with JulieDawn and me? I felt like such a clux! Is that your granny B in the back of that last pix? She loved her water aerobobic class she took last summer.
All the best!! Sounds Fun!!
Post a Comment