Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gingerbread Men

The boys all enjoyed decorating gingerbread men for an after school snack today. Little personalities really shine through when they are working on a project like cookies. Sean decorated as fast as he could, paying no attention to detail and ate the cookies at record speed- and then asked for more. Finn sat at the counter the longest watching what the other kids were doing before deciding what to do, and then he got bossy about exactly what he wanted on his cookie. Brendan took his time and relished in the experience, he was so proud of what he had made.
And then there is Colin to make me smile on a rough day.

Because we all know that the more sprinkles we have in life, the better.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Colin's got the right idea with the sprinkles! I think, that as a kid you would have been a cross between Sean and Colin! Laura was most like Brendan making his cookie perfect and I would probably have been bossy like Finn (although some people probably think I'm still bossy)!

Monika said...

Hey, really neat!
Sorry for being completely dumb, but what is it between ginger bread man & Christmas. Does it fall into one of the tradition?

Dee Light said...

Looks like a yummy good time!!!

4handfulls said...

I was thinking that too Amber! I would have doen my cookies as fast as I could, using the most sugar I could have added adn then acted like I was 'helping' my sisters by eatign there sprinkles too!

Monika, I found answers online for your question. I wasn't completly sure, other than it has been tradition in our family as long as I can remember. http://mymerrychristmas.com/2006/10gingerbread.shtml

The Muse said...

Sprinkle Me ... Sprinkle Me ...
Kids always have life in perspective!
Merry Christmas!

Sandy said...

I have not made gingerbread cookies yet this year. I can't wait:) They look great!

scubamom said...

Yummy!Did anyone save one for nana?

4handfulls said...

Sorry mom, these are gone!

But I was smart this year and when I made all my skeleton gingerbread men I frooze half the cookies to decorate now.