Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our countdown


Last year I came up with the idea of instead of doing a paper chain, or traditional advent calender our families 'countdown to Christmas' would be full of family time. So Colin and I got to work decorating envelopes with paper, stickers and whatever else we could find. Inside I added an activity for our family to do together, based on what our schedule was like. So some nights require more planning- like a trip to see lights at a large hotel or decorating a home made gingerbread house. But many nights are simple- like cutting snowflakes or watching a short Christmas cartoon after bath time. I love that this new tradition builds in family time!
Last night when I went to turn off the lights out front I found this on the door step. I don't know what's in it, but I do know I am for sure going to the Ward Christmas party to see what Aaron has gotten himself into!

4 comments:

Amber said...

A skit? That seems out of charactor, but should be interesting!

Diet Mountain Dew (I'm watching my figure) said...

You always have to be careful when the words top secret and Elders Quorum are used together.

nana_sherri said...

Oh how I wish I could be there to see it!!! Try to take some pix.

Monika said...

Thsi si great CHerie. Love your creativity. How do u manage to pack in so much in your days?