In our area there are two main types of working men; commuters and the home office variety. The first year and a half we lived here Aaron was a commuter. When he became the home office guy I could not have been happier. But I did have one concern. I call them Shiny Shorts. Since I interact with many of these men who work from home I have seen them for months walking to get the mail in their shiny shorts, taking kids to school in shiny shorts and walking the dog. Since Aaron was already a fan of the shorts on weekends and after work I became a little worried that he would become one of these guys. They don't seem to shower before dinner and never do their hair.
So the first few days Aaron was at home I ignored the shorts. They are comfy, and it meant less for me to iron because apparently you are only allowed to wear shirts with holes in them while wearing shiny shorts. Plus if I had no where to go I would wear something with an elastic waist too.
But now that we are a month in I have come to really enjoy Sundays when he has to get all gussied up in the morning for church. But today was different! He had to leave the house and interact with business people! Today I got to see him in his old work clothes and I have to say he looks darn good! But that doesn't mean I want to go back to him commuting.

3 comments:
This one made me laugh...and picture what weekends are like around our house!
Travis could be part of the Shiny Shorts Club too!
Well ya know Aaron is just one of those guys who looks good in anything but I must say he does clean up nicely!
Post a Comment