Thursday, March 19, 2009

You know you're a grown up when...

Do you ever have those moments that make you feel suddenly older? Despite having 4 kids and having been married for almost 11 years I still get the occasional thought that makes me feel A) Old or B) Wise. Like last week. When I went to put shoes on for a day at Disneyland I did not reach for the shoes that matched my outfit, I grabbed the shoes that would make my feet feel best after hours of walking.

What makes you feel most like a grown-up?

4 comments:

scubamom said...

I feel "old" when I realize I really do understand what older people mean when they talk about their aches and pains!

Amber said...

I notice it when I've been driving in the car by myself without music on.

Erin said...

Love the new header picture. I feel old and wise when answering all the curious questions the kids ask. I can remember asking some of them myself, and when I repeat phrases my parents or leaders used on me and my siblings. Sometimes it is very scary how things come out without thinking!!

Mrs. X said...

I think it hits me most when I stop and think about all of the events in my life over the last 5 years or so. I have the story of somebody that should be at least 10 years older than me. :)