Saturday, February 21, 2009

Neighborhood hike

We have this tall hill near our house that I have always wanted to climb. There are a couple flags on the top so I knew it had been done before. I also knew it was too much for Colin or Finn. So this morning Sean, Brendan and I took off with a camera and a cell phone. We took tons of photos while we were gone and made a phone call home when we reached the flags, because you can see them from our laundry room.


The boys kept saying it was the best hike ever! I am pretty sure it is because we had no trail to follow, we just went where we wanted to explore. Not to mention we could see the lakes on either side of the house, snow in the mountains in the distance, lots of flowers coming up, lizards and a cool little frog.



3 comments:

Amber said...

How Fun! You're such a cool mom!

4handfulls said...

I try... LOL

scubamom said...

What great hike! I know they love stuff like that! Love the view!