I was in the car recently when Sean asked me what a {censored, censored} was. After I got over the shock of what came out of my recently baptised son's mouth I calmly explained one of the words and as best I could told him why he should never ever say the other one. When I looked at the truck sitting next to me I saw that a bold sticker on his car was what just took another piece of my firstborns innocence away from him my immediate reaction was to roll down the window and give the driver a piece of my mind. But I am sure that's why the sticker was there to begin with. To offend people like me.
But then the next day the twins were watching Home Alone 2 and they learned another bad word. Sigh. What is a mom to do?! Well this mom was prepared. Because back in November I attended a workshop for the Southern California Mothers of Twins Club and we had McKay Hatch, founder of the No Cussing Club as part of our keynote speaker. http://www.nocussing.com/ I had bought wristbands McKay sells that promote the club and decided now was the time to bring them out and give them to Sean and Brendan. I felt so proud of my boys when they eagerly wore them to school the next day to tell their friends about.
I'm sure it is not the last time I hear one of my kids testing out his new words, but I hope my boys will be able to stand up for the right and encourage their friends to also.

2 comments:
Oh Oh.......I am dreading when times like these com my way
Oh, I know. I am actually surprsied it has not come up sooner.
Post a Comment