In my peaceful quiet backyard, and beyond in the HOA maintained wilderness, we have been enjoying the crane who is visiting more often, flowers popping up on every hill in every color....
... and the new band of warrior hobo's who have moved in and set up camp.
They tried to call my bluff and I came up with the best way to punish them, make them draw a nice picture for me as payment for my cookies and the damage done to my blown out hair.
"What?! I don't know what kinds of things girls like!" cried the leader.
"What?! I don't know what kinds of things girls like!" cried the leader.
"Fine." said Brendan.
They got to work drawing and Colin was the first to approach me. "I drew a picture of you and I hugging I wrote I love you mom on it".
Awww, what a sweetheart, here is your cookie. Brendan took the longest but his drawing also made me smile. A sweet drawing of the two of us on a green sunlit hill.
Then came Sean. Ya know, I really love that kid. But he is something else.
"I drew you eating a giant cookie, because that's what you do."

6 comments:
That's what I do too.
Awww........what joy. Share the pictures they drew you. :)
Cherie, you are so funny! You're great at story-telling, and you sure have some good ones with a bunch of boys running around your house.
Hey that is what kids do here too. Except they make igloos.
Hehe the hobo hut is funny!
What imaginative creative boys, and the way you tell it is so funny! Love it.
Post a Comment