
I have been waiting for one of my sons to love reading as much as I do for several years. I mean who doesn't love hiding away with a book escaping. So when Brendan started reading chapter books on his own a not too long ago I could not have been happier. He is not exactly reading anything deep, but to me, seeing my 8 year old son so excited about any book just makes my day! So Captain Underpants, you are welcome in my home any day!
5 comments:
I like his shirt!
I have never read any myself but hear these are really popular with kids. Has Sean read any?
Ahh, Captain Underpants started things off for my boys too. As long as they were reading, I did not care a bit.
Yeah, that shirt has shown up a lot since the 5k!
No, Sean hasn't started. But he did read all the Halloween books you sent this way.
Any other good suggestions for books boys could get into?
They might like Superfudge or
Tales of the 4th grade nothing
You guys liked Judy Blume books. I don't recall the reading level...they may not quite be there yet. But you could read part outloud to them. I think they would find them funny. I always like the Paddington Bear books when I was little but nowdays kids may not be into live stuffed animals! Paddington was alwasy into mischief.
Post a Comment