Can you believe it's been 4 years since he fit in this pumpkin?!
Colin had a meeting with the 4 members of the school district this morning to see what, if any, services he needs to help him with his speech and a few other issues. It was a very long meeting and for a non-compliant 4 year old it must have seemed like torture. One of the ladies there was great once she tapped into his competitive side. She would say things like "I bet I can do this puzzle faster than you!" and he of course could live up to the challenge. When the nurse wanted to test his hearing he shut down and needed a bribe. So I promised ice cream, just Colin and I if he would cooperate. Knowing Colin I figured bribing could go either way. But he did it! So this afternoon Colin and I ran a couple errands and stopped by Baskin Robins. Most already know that Colin is my mini-me so it was no surprise that he chose chocolate-peanut butter. But then he wanted to mix in Runts candies, which is so not me. Me, I'd have added peanut butter cups.
The sweetest part, or saddest, depending on how you look at it, was that he must have said to me a dozen times this afternoon "Mommy, it's just YOU AND ME. No Daddy, no brothers. Just YOU AND ME." Makes me think we need to go back to working on more one-on-one time with each kid.

2 comments:
Yes,u may be right. There sre times he may want your undivided attention.
That picture of him is too cute.
:)
Tell us how the assessment went.
Huga
That's so cute though that he was enjoying his mommy time so much. He sounds like me too though, I'd cooperate for ice cream!
I hope the results from the meeting turn out in his favor.
Post a Comment