Sunday, August 3, 2008

Catching up

Wow, without my camera I have felt lost and like I am missing out of lots of fun summer memories! The reality is that we have not done much different than any other week.

Tuesday we went to the library for a snake show. The earthquake hit while we were there I hear, but I never even noticed it. Other people around me did. Then we hit McDonald's for a long (loud) lunch with friends. Tuesday night I went to an Autism Summit. I was excited to learn about all the resources in our area, but overwhelmed at the same time.

Wednesday we went back to Sky High. S & B were so tired from their sleepover the night before that 3 hours of bouncing had them over tired- if you know what I mean, G-R-U-M-P-Y! I went into Orange County for a dinner meeting with my twins club on the lake. It was a nice night. I was rewarded for all my service in the past year with a Starbucks gift card.

Thursday was PCIT (Parent Child Interaction Therapy) that Colin and I have every week. Then we went to a friends pool. I had an enrichment meeting for church that night on building a 3 month food storage supply. I have really been re-excited about food storage ever since my trip to the cannery a few weeks ago. Our bedroom closet is filling up with food! Then I joined my walking buddy and we got a few miles in before bed.

Aaron was off unexpectedly on Friday so he joined our playgroup on a trip to PennyPickels http://www.pennypickles.org/ S & B had been there before on a field trip and enjoyed showing us their favorite things. Mostly though they liked doing a series of scavenger hunts. My new camera was waiting on our doorstep when we got back so I nabbed a few photos from the PennyPickle website to share.

Saturday we went to see Wall-E with the older 3 while Finn slept at my moms. We had our usual Saturday dinner of In-N-Out and enjoyed a lazy night at home.

We our on our way out the door to my parents for Sunday dinner right now. I'm bringing the new camera to try out now that I've had time to read the manual and play with it.




1 comment:

Monika said...

you have been tagged! see my post on literary characters. PIck it up whenever u feel like it. :)