Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wii Fit


Aaron peaked my interest in Wii Fit months and months ago. Praising how we could use it for exercise and toning. I really jumped on the bandwagon. And while I knew we should not spend the money on it I have still looked for it at every Target/Costco/Wal-Mart/Hollywood Video trip since. They are hard to come by. So yesterday as I was casually walking down the isles at Target I spotted one last Wii Fit in the display! I quickly called Aaron who surprising did not play the money cop (love ya sweetie) but said sure, go for it! So I hung up before he could change his mind.
He set it up last night while I was out on my nightly walk and got himself started. I won't tell you what the Wii told him about his body. He looks dang fine to me, but apparently we'll let the Wii be the judge of that. Because after I got on I was happy at first as it set my BMI to a healthy 24 (with a goal of 22) but when we started the fitness test and it told me I was like a 36 year old I freaked! Do you know how much I am dreading turning 30, can you imagine my reaction to being told I am as fit as a *gasp* woman in her mid-thirties?! Then the stupid machine had the gall to tell me I'm 8 pounds heavier than the scale I have been using for the past 8 months says! What nerve. I went to bed fuming. Really, I have had this goal number in my head and thought I had come close, only to find out I am not even close. Sighhh
I guess I could go get back on the dumb thing again and do some exercise. But these old muscles are sore today.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm curious to know what it would say about me, but I'd be afraid too! What a meanie.

scubamom said...

Hey congrats on the Wii Fit! Sounds great! I had to laugh as I read...guess we all need a drill sargent to whip us into shape! I know how unfit I am so I won't even go there!

Monika said...

I love your desire for fitness. Kudos to u!

4handfulls said...

I can't get over what a good workout it is! Last night I played for over an hour. I can feel it in my legs and abbs today.