Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gratitude

Our family eats out (like fast food eating out, not nice restaurant eating out) at least once a week. Most people know they can find our family at In-N-out Burger on Saturday nights. Obviously a big reason for us eating out is that it is less work for me. No cooking, but best of all no clean up! Our routine when we go out is that I sit with the kids and get everyone settled while Aaron orders food, fills drinks and picks up napkins and ketchup. Once we are eating it is still Aaron who re-fills drinks, gets more napkins ect.
We were at Costco having soft serve frozen yogurt recently and Aaron was filling up yet another round of drinks and one of the boys asked me why Daddy always had to do everything when we go out, and why I never helped him at all. I kind of smirked it off. But when I told Aaron he gave the boys a nice reminder of all I do for our family, telling them "She cooks for us, she cleans for us and takes care of us all week. The least I can do for her is pick up drinks and napkins when we eat out.". Is that not the sweetest compliment?!

3 comments:

Amber said...

That was very sweet of him to stand up for you like that!

scubamom said...

I think that is a GREAT compliment and a sweet way to show his love apprciation for you. But more than that he took advantage of an everyday event to teach his boys how to love and show respect for you! (and someday how to do the same for thier wives!)

Monika said...

Aw......thats really sweet of Aaron. How nice to have such a loving & caring hubby.