I don't know how it happened, but someone out there has the wrong idea about me! Last week at church I was introduced to someone and the person introducing us said "And this is Cherie, she is a runner!" Wait, whoa, what was that? Did she just call me a runner?! I stopped her right there and made sure she knew that while I inspire to be a runner, I'm really just a mom trying hard to stop gaining weight. I don't really even like running. And I consider the best part of the day to be when running is over. So I've been doing few 5 ks here and there and of course the Mud Run. But really I am not a runner. In fact this morning while I was out running... wait that sounds bad, like I'm a real runner or something... while I went out for a little exercise this morning to train for, wait, dang it, training still sounds like a word to use for a runner. Let me start over.
This morning I went out to better prepare for the Disneyland 5k that is coming up in 2 weeks and my body quickly reminded me that I have not really done any real running since the kids got out of school. So here is how my metal state was "OK, you can make it to that tree, you can do it! No big deal, just run to that next street light, good job! Next goal is that patch of shade...." And on and on I coached myself. And you know what? It worked! I made it running further than I though I would be able to and it did not kill me! So I will go back out running in the morning.
6 years ago

2 comments:
I don't know Cherie, it sounds like you're turning into a runner! I don't know anyone who does 5ks other than you and so you're pretty much a runner in my eyes! I'm very proud of you!
wow.....u ARE a determined lady Cherie......Kudos to your spirit.
You sure do sound like a "runner"
Post a Comment