
Do you think Sean and Brendan are too old for me to have this treasure hunt party for them next month?
*This is a party idea from Real Simple and I fell in love with it when I saw it a few months ago. Check out how fun some of the activities are!
The Activities
*Make-your-own-telescope station. Let crafty types decorate cardboard paper-towel tubes with stickers and glitter, then cover one end with blue cellophane (secured with a rubber band) so kids can see how things appear “underwater.”
*Peg-leg race. Divide kids into pairs and tie an ankle of each pair together with a bandanna, as in a three-legged race.
*Walking the plank. Let kids take turns walking across a long wooden plank. Whoever finishes first without touching the ground wins. (If someone does touch it, yell “Shark bait!”)
*Cannonball toss. Children stand in a circle and toss around a water balloon until it bursts. The person who gets wet is out, and the circle gradually gets smaller until there’s a winner.
*Treasure hunt. Hide a bunch of plastic gold coins in the backyard and let partygoers race to find the most loot.

We could even make sure we are speaking the right lingo-http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateTalk.html
Well even if those two want to stick to their boring 'ol video game sleep over I think I have at least one kid who I can do this party for soon.

3 comments:
I want to go to a party like that! That sounds like a blast! Go for it, you're such an awesome mom!
I love theme parties! I think they would have a great time! I mean wouldn't you?
looks really nice . :)
Post a Comment