Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sewing


I really want a sewing machine. This is nothing new, but the urge is stronger now. I don't think I'd sew matching outfits for my whole family (love ya mom) but I would use it enough to count. In typical Cherie fashion I can never start simple. I jump right into complicated. So for my first sewing project I made a tiger Halloween costume when I was about 10. Complete with a stuffed tail and separate headpiece. Then after having not sewed for many years I made a quilt using the twins baby clothes and my maternity tops. I think if I had my own machine I would use it for crafty stuff, home decor and add some clothing in once in awhile. Because when I am really honest with myself, I like seeing my 4 kids in matching clothes too.

2 comments:

scubamom said...

Hey and don't forget all those cool Barbie clothes you made. And ya know I still have that darling little tiger costume!Who knows maybe it'll come in handy someday.

nana_sherri said...

Your tiger outfit sounds just like the leopard costume I made for Scott for Halloween when he was 4. All my kids wore it for Halloween & I still have it. :-)