Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Simple snacks and jokes

Q: There were 10 copy cats on a boat. One jumped off. How many cats are left on the boat?

A: None! They are copy cats -Sean

I feel like I am stuck in a rut of afternoon snacks a lot. But for years the top rated snack around here is a plate of of simple finger foods. Today they had bananas (Brendan cut them up for us), apples, mini marshmallows, pretzels and chocolate dip (chocolate pudding- shhh if I tell them it was pudding they won't like it).


That brings me to Colin's joke-

Knock knock
Who's there?
Chocolate
Chocolate Who?
Chocolate chocolate!
Knock knock
Who's there?
Chocolate
Chocolate who? (here is where I sigh thinking this will be going on for awhile)
Sprinkles and chocolate! Hahahahah- Colin


So we are all happy from snacking and finishing up homework when Finn gets in a heap of trouble. I swear I posted the video of my sweetie before I saw that Finn drew on his work desk with a blue permanent marker. I love you Aaron and I really can't help it if you left it where he could climb! I scrubbed and scrubbed, but I think it is not going away... Yes. That is the same blue marker on Finn's arm. Which is the perfect lead to Brendan's joke!

Q- Why did the leopard get spotted?


A- Because he has spots!

I feel like I am cheating on dinner tonight. Which is how I am blogging instead of in the kitchen (don't worry Finn is with me working on a puzzle). I just threw chicken, diced onion and a bottle of BBQ sauce in the crock pot, and shredded it up to put on french rolls with a side of watermelon. I also made the easiest cookies tonight. A photographer I am not, but here they are-

-Box of devils food cake mix

-4oz of cream cheese

-1 egg

-1/2 cup of peanut butter

Mix it up, bake at 375. And you know I already had one, or two. And yes, they are really good! Next time I might add peanut butter chips.

3 comments:

scubamom said...

Sounds good to me. Can we come to your house for dinner?

Amber said...

Oh hush, your snacks and dinner sounds great and the cookies too. Want to talk easy? We had French toast. That happens a lot around here and I don't even get to say I've been busy with kids all afternoon!

Monika said...

snacks & cake look lovely.
& what jokes coming from the kiddos.