Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chocolate Pumpkin Bars

Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 9x12 dish with Pam

2.Whisk together flours,sugar, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, oil, and milk. Add to the dry mixture along with the chocolate chips and stir.

4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the batter comes out clean.

4 comments:

Dee Light said...

This sounds like a fun twist on the traditional pumkin stuff. Thanks for sharing.

cherry said...

Those sound soooooooooo yummy! I will have to try those. Just found your blog....my son just got his hair cute too. cherry

4handfulls said...

Enjoy! I ate some for breakfast yesterday. Seems about as healthy as everything else I eat in the morning!

Erin said...

Chocolate and pumpkin...yum! These sound so good. I may have to make some just to eat for breakfast.