Thursday, November 13, 2008

Earthquake Drill

We in California had a statewide earthquake drill today. To help us prepare for the big one, ya know, if you had months to prepare for it. And with many of the events of the world I was privileged to see it through the eye of a bunch of kids. I work in the twins 2nd grade classroom on Thursdays and today I came in just after they had returned from standing on a field for 45 minutes.

When Mrs. R asked "Where are you going to go during an earthquake if you are at lunch?" The kids did not agree that going under a lunch table was the best idea. Because of black widow spiders. And cobwebs. It took 5 minutes to get the kids to believe that debris falling on them was worse than being under a table that may or may not be cobweb free.


http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/11/13/quake.drill/

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can see their point though...I hate icky spiders, especially black widows.

Monika said...

Aww..........for kids everything is so simple.
Innocence :)