I think many agree that depending on what you are driving your attitude behind the wheel takes on a different personality. The car I drive everyday is a mid-size SUV with room for 4 car seats (yes, we needed 4 car seats for some time). When I drive it I am constantly aware of the license plate frame I have {Honk if one of my boys falls out} as well as the 6 sets of footprint stickers. I can't stop thinking of my kids because of the sand forever stuck in the floor mats and the sticky fingers that can't quit 'painting' the windows. I get really ticked off when someone cuts me off, because my kids are in that car and where do you get off thinking you are in a bigger hurry than I am?!
But that all was taken away from me. Because Aaron needed to borrow my "mom car" this week and I was doing to school drop off/pick up routine in the "cool car". The first day I still felt pretty awesome. The radio louder than normal. The second day I about had a fit when I saw a shoe full of sand get dumped after a visit to the park, but at least I was the mom driving the coolest car to playgroup! On the 3rd day as I was dragging 4 kids across the parking lot to load us all back up all I could think of was that my cool car no longer looked so tough. I just looked like a station wagon with a bunch of carseats and backpacks.(stock photo, in the mom car after a camping trip, but you get the point)

3 comments:
Totally understand the attitude switch depending on the car! But as much as I love feeling young and hip I prefer my Mom Van!
I used to have a pretty red "cool" car...now I drive a dark blue mini van...I feel OLD - when did that happen!
Talk about a buzz kill! I know what you mean tho, even with just one kid...I have my mom car with the huge trunk and responsible gas milage and room to maneuver when I buckle Emily in. Then there's Alex's little sports car that every once in a while I get to take to go run some errands on the weekend by myself or pick up something on a week night! That's the leased one tho and we only have it until, say, February of next year, then we both have to grow up. :)
Post a Comment