Friday, January 23, 2009

Sneaky


I learned this little bit of parenting knowledge from my own mom. If I were to ask my kids if they wanted fruit or veggies for a snack they'd say no and start asking for other things. But, if I just set out a plate and nonchalantly put it in front of them they will devour the whole plate. Pretty sneaky right?

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

That is absolutely brilliant! Not just for them but for me.

A friend of mine suggested doing this with a fruit or veggie tray 20 minutes before dinner when everyone is bugging you about 'When are we going to eat?'

I keep meaning to do it. I even bought one of those pricey Pampered Chef Chilled Trays for it but haven't gotten around to it. Since I just did my Costco run and have lots of fresh veggies, I'm going to do this tonight. Thanks for the reminder. It really is a great tip.

Monika said...

I'll keep this in mind

nana_sherri said...

That's GOOD sneaky!
Wish I had thought of that when my kids were growing up.

Amber said...

It still works for me when mom does it!

4handfulls said...

Glad this helps! Cynthia, not long before dinner is exactly when I do it. Then if they try to skip their veggies at dinner I'm not as frusterated by it.