I have had 3 of these silver shadow boxes for 4 years or so. I planned to make each of my boys a sweet keepsake with them, but then I had another baby and not enough boxes. But I always knew I'd use them sometime. So when I decided to turn my dining room into a Hallmark store full of sweet nothings I pulled one out and gave it new life.


There is a story behind the bird and nest. Sean found the nest in our front yard after all the leaves had blown off and like he always does he wanted to keep his new treasure. I let him take it to Cub Scouts and show it off to his grandparents. But then I figured we'd toss it. But no, my mom had to offer him a fake bird to put in his nest so he could keep it and enjoy it. I was a little annoyed. Until I got this shadow box idea. And then I bought it from him!
4 comments:
Well I am glad that bird found a home! Love all your fun decorations!
My house is so jealous of yours. It is complaining that I am boring and need to get with it and decorate. Love all the cute projects you have been doing!!
Lovely Cherie? What exactly is a shodow box?
A shadow box is a frame that is deep, this one is about 3 inches, so that you can put 3D keepsakes in them. If you google them you will see many images. A lot of people make them with baby items, like the first pair of shoes or a small outfit.
Erin, do I need to send you a Valentine? LOL
Post a Comment