This task has been on my mind for months. I desperatly needed to do something about the high-waters my kids were sporting and while the easiest thing to do is just buy new clothes and donate the old I like to make life more complicated. All in the name of saving money. So while the 3 older kids returned to school today I figured I could put it off no longer. So I got started with the changing out of the clothes bins. Which basically means when kids outgrow clothes here I put them in a plastic storage bin, label it and then when the next kid in line gets to that size he has a whole new wardrobe waiting for him. It all sounds good. But it takes forever for me to go through drawers of 4 kids deciding what is really too small (or will be next week) and what is actually worth keeping for several years. Did you know that Colin has no less than 10 pairs of jeans! Just jeans, so that doesn't include tan pants, church pants, corduroy pants or athletic pants. But then in the back of my head I am hearing "Don't get rid of any because what if Colin trashes 5 pairs of them, then Finn will only have 5!" Heaven forbid I have to buy another pair of jeans in a size 5! See, I like to make things complicated.
Oh, and to add to that. All the clothes that I decide are not worth holding onto, or are too small for my last baby all need to be entered into the computer and tagged for the upcoming Multiples Club garage sale.

2 comments:
I've been in the weeding out mood a lot lately, although I'm sure my task isn't as big with less people's clothes to be going through! I'm just trying to make room for one more little person around here, and all of the things they will be needing!
Sounds like Amber's in the "nesting phase" :)
That's A LOT of clothes to go through! Sounds like one of those projects that I'd put off as long as possible but once I start I wouldn't be able to stop.
Post a Comment