I am a huge fan of Freecycle.org. I have been giving and taking from the community for over 5 years now. Sometimes you get something that isn't what you pictured, and you pass it back on. Other times you find a new way to use it. And that's what happened to my latest Valentine's Day decoration.
I picked up about 8 large frames earlier this month. Most are very basic and half had no glass. But this was a full on gold, hand painted piece of art.... that I didn't want. So I knocked out the painting and part of the frame. With a piece of fabric I found deep in the craft room (I'm sure I bought it to prop the twins up as babies- because that's the kind of mom I was) I free handed out a couple of felt hearts and hand sewed them on with white thread. The staple gun made it easy to attach the fabric and now my dining room mantle is fuller!

3 comments:
That turned out so cute! you have inspired me this year!
That's great! You've really reminded me that frames aren't just for photos, great work!
Oh wow........r such a talented woman :)
The frame looks so cute
Post a Comment